Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What you've all been waiting for.


The folks over at Odeus skate (!!) asked me to design the cover for their newest skate film, Tilt. I pretty much had free reigns over the entire project, and I'm happy to say that after 20+ hours of work, I finally finished it.
{Hint: clickity to see the whole thing.}
Ballpoint pen {red and black}, acrylic, watercolor.

My lovely friends let me position them in awkward and potentially misinterpreted ways, which resulted in this. No, my friends are not slaves. No, this will not be considered as manual labor. {just don't ask to see the sweatshop in the back room.}

Because I am an ardist, and I have ultimate authority over every situation, I only allow males named Andrew to model for me. I am always in charge, and people always do what I tell them. Always. That's just how it is.

*ACTUAL SCENARIO*

Me:  "Hey...um....Andrew...? Will you...like...um...pretend to look like you just got..um... punched in the face...For me?"

Andrew #1: begrudgingly, "Yeah. I guess. Whatever. Are you paying me for this?"

Me: "Paying you....with... love?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: "Hey...um....Andrew...? Can I.... take a picture of your... legs?"

Andrew {Not Beck}#2: "Wait....what?!"

{I PROMISE I DON'T HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES.}

The face is Andrew's.  The pants are other Andrew's {Not Beck's}. I'll be posting close-ups of the front soon. Because it's the kewl thing to do. And so you can witness the paisley-blood-y glory in full splendor.  The blood is not real.


The film premieres next Friday at the Inferno Cantina in SLC.

Did I mention that my IDOL MIKE MURDOCK {see sidebar} WILL BE THERE?!?! And did I also mention that it is presented by SLUG!? MY DREAMS?!?

Oh Yeah.

It's no big deal.

xo-Lex


6 comments:

Maryn said...

well you're pretty much amazing and that's all there is to it.

Erin said...

Congrats, love! I'm glad you used Andrews:)

Lexi-Lupa said...

Thank you! I miss you both.

Abi said...

I LOVE how it turned out. LOVE IT.

Super Milk-Chan said...

This looks great! I really especially love the way you did the hair. Very very cool.

Lexi-Lupa said...

Thank you Abi and SMC! You guys are the best.