Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sacrament Meeting Doodle





Yikes! It seems I haven't posted in a bit. Well, maybe it's only been a few weeks....or A week...... but it feels like it has been a while. How are you? Like, honestly. How are my friends in this great and massive blogosphere doing? How are the kids? The cats? The...um... cameras? I've missed you. {You know who you are. Well, maybe you don't Super-milk chan, but now you do because I have expressed my missing you via bloggins. And I'm pretty sure the rest of you know that I miss you. Yup. I'm a creep.} ANYWAYS. Here's a guy I've been drawing in sacrament meeting in church for the past few weeks. I really like this style, and I think I might adopt it when {psh. let's be honest, here. IF} I do my graphic novel.






Also, I finished the first anthology of American Splendor on Saturday! I'm in love. With. Harvey. Pekar. And I've officially become a graphic novel-reading dweeb. {But not Anime or that manga shee-az. I haven't completely lost my senses....}


{photo courtesy of collider.com}


So far, in this anthology, Robert Crumb and Gerry Shamray have been my favorite illustrators. I love Crumb's general style and hatch, and I've been a fan of his for quite some time now. However, I also love Shamray's unique style of shading and using only shadow shapes and simple lines to create the bigger, more realistic picture. He lets your brain makes up most of the picture and fill in the spaces, which I find captivating and lovely. Crumb, on the other hand, lives up to his name, capturing the sleazy, gritty underground comic scene of that era. Both have a fascinating individiual style and a unique take on the events in Pekar's life.


Can't wait to finish the second Anthology!!!!


-Lex

4 comments:

Maryn said...

his sweater/jacket thing makes me happy.

Hannah Grace said...

I really like that drawing.

We need to hurry up and party so I stop feeling so empty.

Also, I need a better thing on your blog than "Hannah has never seen the Goonies." Please. We'll have to come up with something.

When we party.

Lexi-Lupa said...

Pretty please Hannah? I've missed you so much.

Lexi-Lupa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.