Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not a pasta sauce.

{photos courtesy of www.artnet.com}


Meet my good friend Alfredo.

His work is in every way a representation of the human soul. His paintings show so much emotion: curiosity, pain, and in all else, hope. There is sadness in the eyes of the men that he creates, a sense of self-doubt hiding behind ego. His characters are, in a way, vulnerable and headstrong, once rambunctious, and now lost.



Alfredo Castaneda's work is by far one of my favorites out of the modern painters of our time. He manages to evoke so much feeling from his paintings and tell a story as to the characters background as well. I love how he incorporates impeccable details like the eyes and the hair. It creates an atmosphere that you may not even realize that what you are looking at is grotesque in a horribly beautiful way.

Although all of his paintings share similar traits, each is so unique and lovely in its own way, which makes it almost ironic to feed upon.

Favorite painting: "The dialogue of two poets disguised as birds" -unable to find on the internet. sorry.
What I wanted to listen to when I first saw it: Cornerstone by the Arctic Monkeys.


I really do love this song.

Regards-Lexi

No comments: