Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Friday, August 27, 2010

Academia is a broken record.


I am here.

I am in the halls.

I am in the rooms.

The remnants of my steps still lay on the thin carpeting.

Breathless.


Yet Here I am.

A shell of a person.

Repeating.

Repeating.

Repeating.

The monotony races.
Untitled, 2006 Watercolor and ink on paper by Marcel Dzama

People look at me and stare.
Their eyes burn in my flesh.

do not know their names,

I do not know their faces.


Yet here I am.
A shell of a person.
Running through the motions that this academia promotes.

Shadows of regret loom over me.

I had my choice,

I made my decision long ago.

The option to turn back is no longer

'the option'.


I feel alone.

And when I turn the corner,

I look at all of them.

Just like me.

The shells of all the people.


And just as I think to be like the others,

to stare and to burn,


I smile and say hello.


And yet here we all are,

shells of people.


We are all broken records,

and we are all truly the same.


And then I am happy.


Breathing again.


-Lexi

3 comments:

Maryn said...

that was deep. and I liked it.

Anonymous said...

that is a cool picture, you do that?

Lexi-Lupa said...

PSH NO. Marcel Dzama did. Ckeck it.