Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back-to-school special: music video Besties!

EDIT: The video links on this post aren't working at all. So, ya'll have to look up the videos on youtube the OLDE FASHIONED WAY.


This post is to make up for the CRAPPY POSTING I've been doing recently. Please don't hate me. Or eat me. Either way, I'll smell like turkey bacon. Here goes.

Yes, dear children. We have reached that time of year again. Back to school time. The scent of teachers' Diet Cokes and B.O. is just around the corner, and with that brings an entire blog post awarding only the most prestigious categories in the music biz! Shall we begin? Yes. Yes we shall.

The Best British teeth award goes to.......
  • The lead singer of the 1990's in the video "You're supposed to be my friend"

  • With a runner up.... Joseph Mount in the video "Radio Ladio" by Metronomy.


The Trippiest video award goes to.....

  • "Knights" by Minus the Bear. {HAS YOUR MIND EVER BEEN BLOWN SO MUCH? I didn't think so.}
The award for Most likely to get stuck in your head at random parts of the day and other people will get mad at you for humming it or whatever goes to.....
  • Avi Buffalo with "What's it in for?" {I'm not kidding. I saw them in concert and I sang this song for days and days and days afterwards. Which thus resulted in getting smacked a few times by my lovely sister.}
With a runner-up.....
  • "Lemonade" by Coco Rosie. {Mostly just the chorus part. The verses and her strange, phlegm-y accent are not as easily duplicatible.} P.S: me and her should be bff's because we like to draw beards on our faces.
The Best song about the city I live in and adore with all of my heart that is actually good and by an awesome band and isn't a song I sang in my Elementary school's fourth grade program Award goes to....
  • Band of Horses with "The Great Salt Lake"

That, kiddies, is a swell note to end on.

Only you can prevent forest fires,
Lexi

No comments: