Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously

One of the speakers on my computer is broken, leaving me only hearing half of any double-tracked song {specifically Cloud Cult.}. It is quite humorous.

I've been people watching a lot lately at school. Have you ever noticed how incredibly interesting people are? It might sound stupid that it took me fifteen years to realize the importance of differentiability in human beings, but we are all so fascinating! Simple gestures, obscure mannerisms, but mostly what each of us notice.

One thing I've always been really inspired by is Rorschach's. I'm not saying THE SECRET IS OUT. MY GUILTY PLEASURE IS PSYCHOLOGICAL STUDIEZZZ or anything like that, but the human mind is quite spectacular in that we all see things differently. That's why art is so wonderful. No one has a style that is quite the same.

For instance, I was hanging out during class with my new found art friend, and we were staring at this dead bush outside of a window. {For some reason, we thought it was the coolest thing ever or something.} Whenever we'd utter something about the decaying leaves or the dirt or the window, we always would focus on something different, and it was very fun. Her style is very realistic and extremely beautiful and her observations reflected that. As for my personal style {which I honestly don't know how to describe} my words reflected that also. We think the way we draw, and I love that.

In her words, she's Michelangelo and I'm Picasso. And I'm okay with that. I don't want to be someone I'm not when it comes to my art, and I like my style. I like her style too. We have a mutual understanding of this. We speak the same language.

Weekday update:


  • I'm content. And I finished sewing my Pride and Prej. inspired dress today. My sister said it looked like a Moses dress. But did Moses really wear a dress? I think not. Robes maybe, but I don't think the neckline on my dress would be flattering on him.
  • SOTD: This album came in the mail the other day and I've already listened to it too many times. {Think Paul McCartney soul + Andrew Bird Vibrato + Dirty Projectors quirkiness} You have to listen to the whole song though... SO GREAT.

xo- Lexi Vivienne

2 comments:

Erin said...

I want to see your dress!
And, I lurve the song.

Maryn said...

You definitely need to put some pictures up of your dress. I bet it's awesome!