Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Goals and aspirations.

I really envy all of y'alls' blogging ability. You all are rosy at storytelling and make me want to be a better blogger. Or writer.

Ever since I was really little, I wanted to be some fantastic writer for a newspaper in New York or something like that. That and be Ash Catch'em from Pokemon, which was shattered when I found out he was actually a boy. Years passed, and I forgot about the passion I once had as a mere fetus, going throughout elementary school. Those dreams faded into the background, and, as we all eventually do, I moved on.

Now, today, the art department went on a field trip to Provo to see the Carl Bloch exhibit, which was, by the way, stunning, followed by a trip to Springville to see the AP students' work in the art museum. {And, lemme tell ya, 'cause I never get sicka sayin' it! I LOVE ART!! MEH!} I loved looking at other people's work ,{as stated in previous parenthesis} but my favorite part was probably the bus ride to and from. I have an art teacher who is a really animated fellow, and he spent the majority of the time telling us stories about his life and things.

Everything he said was interesting. All of the kids sitting at the front of the bus and the other two teachers were completely captivated by his words. He is a true storyteller. He did not ramble, as I often do when telling stories, but he painted a picture with the imagery through his words. {Even though he is an art teacher and could paint a picture of the story literally anyways}

Silently, I vowed to myself that I would one day be an incredible storyteller. Perhaps not the kind that sits on rocking chairs and tells children of their interesting life, but one that can relay a story on a bumpy bus ride. All though I abandoned all hopes of being an editorial writer when I was a mite, I think that this goal is actually achievable. I only hope that cool enough things will happen to me in my life so I'll have interesting material to actually tell people.





My other goal is to make my own swimsuit and high-waisted shorts. And another Pride and Prejudice dress that will actually look good and not like a Moses dress.





And my other-other goal is to be Mike Nesmith. {photo courtesy of userserve-ak.last.fm}


{He's my hero.}

I have recently found a love for the Monkees and knit wool hats... He's precious!

-Lex

2 comments:

Super Milk-Chan said...

Ok, I am beginning to be disturbed by our similar taste in celeb-boys.

Lexi-Lupa said...

No. Stop it. Stop it now.