Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Memories



I was cleaning out my closet the other day when I came across a box full of all of these great photos of myself in high school. It sure is crazy to see what I looked like then in comparison to what I look like now. What I don't understand is that crazy little white bar at the bottom... We didn't even HAVE the internet back when all of these photos of me were taken. Let alone URL's for that matter!!


Ho,ho,ho. And, for the sake of blogging and preserving the obvious nostalgia of this situation, I scanned all of those photos onto this here compyewtur for your viewing pleasure. You know, seeing as I'm sixteen and all and now planning my funeral and whatnot and dustin' off my AARP membership card, I figures I should have something for my grand kids to remember me by.



Oh man, just look at me in this one. I sure was a smooth operator back in my day. I made mom jeans and floral couches look so good.


Looky here! It's me and the ol' chess club! Dominating state champs of '73! Kenneth, Barb, and Steve sure knew how to checkmate. I remember that after this photo was taken, we all got into this crazy-intense chess match, which ended in Barb's arm amputation. Steve ended up as a John Stamos impersonator in Modesto, last I heard. Kenneth is a hair bleach salesman. Man, my bangs looked great in this picture.


This is me back in my olde athletic participant days. When I was younger and more spry {as pictured} I had a patterned baldness disorder in which my hair grew naturally from the scalp, balded just below, and started growing again in a fringe that covered the eyebrows and had a different hair color and texture than the hair growing on my scalp. This photo was taken shortly after I was diagnosed with Male Patterned baldness disorder for females {MPBfF} but later became less noticeable as I experimented with different hair styles.



Me and Jimmy Howell were lab partners that whole year... I remember it well. At first, he made fun of me for my MPBfF disorder, but we later became good chums as we tried to invent a cure for my disorder.


Oh! Yes! I was voted Best Country Line Dancer by my fellow classmates!! I sure knew how to shimmy-n-shake on the dance floor.


This photo was taken during a stage of puberty in which my head became ultimately too large for my face.


I will never forget that afro. Cindy, Janice and Hazel. Four part harmony. Four ukuleles. 20 minute harmonica solos. It was a good life.


I was thrilled when I got these glasses. Truly thrilled.


Ah! Me and the boys at the photography club! We switched over when the chess club became way too mainstream. I had the hots for Davy in the middle there. We held hands during the homecoming football game. Under the bleachers. In the moonlight. We would have kissed, but he had headgear that he was supposed to wear when he wasn't shooting of getting photographed, so I restrained.


Oh, those were the days.


-Lex

8 comments:

Teresa Romney said...

I feel like you need to find a hobby... (Just kidding, you're pretty funny)

KarKar said...

haha I laughed so hard when I saw this. Love ya Lex! :)

kelsey. said...

......BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OH MY GOSH!

sister moon said...

I seriously almost peed my pants that was so hilarious.

You are AWESOME. I love this!

Nicole Morris said...

this is sooooo hilarious.

Anonymous said...

You make me so sad....

Super Milk-Chan said...

You are such a giant freakshow. It's awesome.

Grant Family said...

oh my, Lexi face! I love you to death! I want to let you know I bookmarked your blog. Gosh I love you.