Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Friday, July 29, 2011

Staple.








This is Kilby Court. {No. It's not a garage! IT'S A MUSIC VENUE! Why on earth would you say that?!?}




So, my sister's in this awesome band called The Staples. She recently {as in 3 weeks ago} replaced their old bassist, and is now living the high life as a rock and roll star... Sorta. Anyways, on Monday a week ago, they played... wait. no. They HEADLINED at the ever-established Kilby Court, and I was very lucky to watch and take blurry pictures with my new camera. There were 4 bands before them. This guy, Charles Ellsworth, was seriously good. Maybe it was just because he had the coolest moustache ever....Actually, I don't remember any of his music.... I really just spent the entire time trying to photograph his moustache. Which failed. {Don't worry, ladies. He works at the local Urban Outfitters.}

After listening to him, we hung out in the merch room for way too long, causing near heat exhaustion and hanging out with this guy, Bryson. {Bryson has self-esteem issues.}

Door to the merch room. Notice the woodpile.... Kilby is the classiest joint in SLC. Some merch.
Also, to join the tradition of all traditions, I drew a little something on the wall. It's the record player guy. In case you didn't catch that.


Ah!! And there they are!! The Staples themselves!! All of my pictures turned out blurry once again, so I took the liberty of stealing some from their facebook page.


This is my sister. Being a sexy bassist. Which I am totally jealous of. Because I wish I was a bassist.


They have tons of super new and super awesome unrecorded songs, so if you have the chance to catch them live, do. Because they are so much better live. A little Strokes-y, A little Arctic Monkeys-y. Listen to them here..... and also "like" them if you have a facebook....


~Lexi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooaaawww... I just saw this! You're the best, sissy. :)

Super Milk-Chan said...

I think that in the movie version, your sister is played by Scarlett Johansson. Who, thankfully, will pretend that she knows how to play bass and will not sing anything whatsoever.

Lexi-Lupa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! pop culture humoooooorrr!!!! For the Wiiiiinnnn!!