Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Can Jam.

I was recently asked to do the promotional posters for an upcoming Utah Food Bank benefit concert. Are you ready for a post about my artiztick procezz? Here goes.... starting with the original pen sketch.
Levels adjustment and a bit of erasing.
Added some textures after coloring faceless man and his gee-tar {west side story reference... anyone? Bueller?}
Below is my favorite stage of the process... I loved the outcome of the completed digital painting.... I wish I could have kept it that way before adding the text!


And finally....Woo!! Weeks of hard work finally completed! It feels dang good too, kids. Come if you are in the area!!!


-Lex

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lexi-
STOP using Ferris Bueller and Batman references on your blog. You have not seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off OR any of the Batman movies. Ergo, your references are pointless!

P.S. Nice poster. I like.

Super Milk-Chan said...

I like zees. Yes.