Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Once a plumbers' daughter, always a plumbers' daughter.

Folks-

I am temporarily back from my internet hiatus. All of these absurd occurrences and inspirations have been happening to me lately, and I really have had the best intentions to tell you. I just haven't had the resources. So, now I sit here, mindlessly typing away while trying to recollect all of the things I wanted to post about.

This type of thing happens far too often.

I promise an actually good post within the next few days. But in the meantime.....

Localite Drew Danburry has to be by far one of my favorite musicians of this time.
My sister, Corn met him and his wife back when he was still a bearded gilligan. She has video of him singing primary songs. Ridiculously epic videos, mind you.

Drew's music is fun. Its tunes' are catchy, its lyrics unsuspected and unpredictable. The fact that he can practically scream at the top of his lungs and have a piccolo playing in the background of his songs is not something unusual for Drew. And the funny thing is, it actually sounds really good. Not many people have that talent.

Drew is a modern poet, a modern artist. You can feel all the hard work and determination he has put into his songs, and you can definitely tell that he enjoys it.

Not to mention he writes songs about how much he loves his wife:




And makes music videos about mac and cheese eating contests:




And also this.......one...




I don't exactly understand it either, but it is a catchy song nonetheless.

Regards,
Lexi

{ www.drewdanburry.blogspot.com}

3 comments:

JuneyB said...

true story...

Drew Danburry opened for Lenka @ kilby court, and I saw him. He was the shiz.

I love Drew Danburry.

Hannah Grace said...

Lexi.
I love you.
Your blog is #1.
Love,
Hannah Wing.

Lexi-Lupa said...

Jane and Hannah, commenting on the same post?! Is this fur realz?

And, to Jane:

I had no idea Drew opened for LENKA nonetheless. When was it? And I do love Kilby.