Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thread-lassie

Recently I've been trying to convince myself that I am a good enough artist to submit designs to Threadless. This is my first and still incomplete attempt. I would love to get all the input I can on it. {Good, bad, and ugly too.}


My inspiration was kind of a play on words. I wanted to incorporate the feel of modern street art with an olde time word to create something somewhat witty and a titch ironic . When finished it will have a feather quill writing the word, possibly in black India ink and outlined with my own calligraphic quill.

I have high hopes with this one. I want to follow through with it.

I need the input. Seriously.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

coolio! I like it:) I'd leave out some of the shading, it makes it look a little bit overworked.Other than that I think it will turn out great! You could also try submitting it as a critique on threadless. They sometimes give pretty good advice there.

Unknown said...

it looks cool! I agree with stacie, but I think it needs some color!

Maryn said...

I don't completely understand the play on words, but it looks cool to me. :)