Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Sunday, April 25, 2010

"What's that whirly thing coming out of his stomach?"

Before I start off, let me tell all of you how stinkin' difficult it is to transpose John Lennon's "Imagine" into the key of F#. My sister and I are doing a duet where I am tickling the ivory's and she is using her ridiculous pipes to create modern melodic GENIUS. Sort of. Unfortunately, Corn-n-beans can't hit all of the notes in the original key of C, so, me being the accompianist, she forced the duty of transposing it to a key she can actually sing in to em-ua.

That is that.

It is difficult.

End of prologue to post.

So, yesterday was music nostalgia day, where you listen to all of the music that you used to listen to at least three years ago. It was weird to go through my compact disc collection and see how much my taste in music has changed over the years. My tastes have come and passed in phases, most starting when I was but a wee lass of only eight years old. I will now go through a brief recollection of these phases, starting from THE WOMB.
  • During fetushood, I listened to many concertos and operas, as controlled by my parental unit. This passion of music blossomed as I grew from a small feti to a larger feti, where I was then introduced to
  • Broadway musicals. My mother being an actress and still doing shows during this time in my fetushood nurtured my love of Vaudeville and all things catchy, thus resulting in glamorous headshots and me exiting the womb doing jazz hands.
  • A few years later, I went through a music phase where I only listened to bands such as ATC, A*Teens, and that one "Clear the Air" anti-drug CD the elementary school gave my sister. {And let us not forget the ever-infectious Hamster Dance on the only album by Hampton and the Hampsters.}
  • My next phase occured when I was much older, eight years old to be exact. At this age started my still-current phase and love/hate relationship with Nevada-neighboring-natives The Killers. Me and The Killers have been on and off for the past six years. Don't talk to me about it. We are on an "off" stage. Brandon Flowers broke my heart and all he left me were four records, darn it! Just kidding. But not really. Maybe?
  • When I was also that age my love for The Beatles started to fester exceedingly and my insurmountable affection for the Fab Four began. From this period in my life branched out numerous records, anthologies, biographies, autobiographies, posters, t-shirts, haircuts {heh heh heh}, and calendars all having to do with them. I ate up every little bit of information I ever learned about them. And I even remembered it, too. Needless to say, I was, and still am, obsessed.
  • From this phase brought my phase of washed-up emo bands {Paramore? Panic! At the disco? Boys like girls? All time low? Cute is what we aim for?!?} Gosh, what was I thinking? I don't know? Um, KILL ME NOW. {And when I say that I am not referring to the song off of the Killers' album, Sawdust. I mean literal slaughterhouse-nine-if-you-catch-my-drift.}
  • For the years that followed, I was a lost soul. My musical preference shifted and changed into one awful mess.
  • Next was the coming of the end of seventh grade. This is was a blur between Lexi Sayok, The Bravery, Switches, Love You Long Time, and endless slurs of O.K. Ikumi remixes of Drew Danburry songs. I was beginning to become a bona-fide localite, which led to..
  • Now.

I have many musicians that I like. Just like movies. You should never limit yourself to one genre.

And speaking of movies {watch me as I tie in everything!} Yesterday I watched Help! by the mop tops themselves. Tribal ring on Ring-o! Death threats! Eight-armed statues! Hit songs! WACKINESS ENSUES!

I also watched half of the British television series State Of Play, and all because James McAvoy was in it. I am shallow, yes.

ABRUPT END!

5 comments:

JuneyB said...

HA HA HA HA HA. that was the funniest post. ever. oh my gash, i'm crackin up. you and I are so similiar. I too, went through the a*teens phase. that is a part of my life i just wouldn't like to relive. just sayin'.

Super Milk-Chan said...

You friggin' kill me. That was awesome.

Also, I'm just a little burningly jealous of how much more put together you are than I ever was as a teenager. But I'm not going to go into that because I'll just end up sounding like an old lady reminiscing about the days before the internet had pictures, and when only musical influences I had were commercial radio and my parents vinyl collection. The latter resulted in my developing an obsession with Jefferson Airplane, in which I would listen to Surrealistic Pillow on repeat, dressed in my mom's leather fringe hippie vest, circa 1970-something.

I still have the record and the vest. Heh.

Teresius said...

I remember those "Clear the Air" CDs they gave out.

Hannah Grace said...

Dear Lexi,
May we please be best friends?
You are the coolest person in the world.
I am copying you now. Please see my blog.
Love,
Hannah
PS/ It's hot to not. I will show you the video of fifth grade Hannah dancing to that if you ask nicely.

Lexi-Lupa said...

Dearest Commenters/readers:

Although I have never met half of you, I do enjoy reading all the terribly witty remarks you have about my posts. Comments are BOSS!

I love you all.
Regards-Lexi