Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oscar Wilde, you genius, you.

Fake.
So often do I see people being tormented by its' destructive power. Fake promises all but returns none. Fake is like a comfort food--instant gratification, then turned into carb-laden waistlines. Fake grows on you and even consumes you to a point where your true self can't even stab its way through the darkness. Fake is good to us. Fake acts as a shelter, a protective mask. But why do we succumb to it? Fake doesn't make us happy. Fake doesn't make us more liked by others in the long run. Fake provides you tickets to the concert, but when you least expect it it siphons the gas out of the vehicle you would use to get there.

Fake is sneaky.

Fake finds clever ways to get inside your gut, and when there, rots your individuality and festers, only to leave your carcass behind when your meat is gone. And what for? The 'fifteen minutes of fame' Warhol promised us ?{gosh, I do reference him far too often.} No. Fifteen minutes of fame? Ha! Try fifteen minutes of fake. Fifteen minutes of your true self that is lost forever and can never be returned. You've walked across Toledo in that fake, and the fake store won't allow you to give the fake back. Even if you DO have a receipt.

THE FAKE STORE WON'T LET YOU GIVE THE FAKE BACK.

People are more likely to talk poorly of you when you are being fake rather than when you are being yourself. You know why? People don't like fakes. And all fakes are oddly duplicates of other fakes, and who wants more than one fake in the world, let alone any? Even the unique people have copycats.

Why can't people be proud of who they are? As a world, a community, a town, even a school, we all unify through life's little miracle---individualism.

unknown subheading...

Sometimes people get in a rut. Sometimes they've been fake for so long that they don't even know who their true selves are. And, contrary to popular belief, this blog post can not help you find out who your true self is. I'm a teenager. I see people constantly killing their real selves every single day. Sure, we'll never fully know who are real selves are because we are always changing. But we can try to find out more about ourselves. If we spend a few minutes to talk to our brain cells once in a while, they can tell us a whole lot about our own rot. Our views of our true selves can come one moment and change the next. It's a constant cycle--as well as a constant battle.

Life changing montage!!

For instance, I've learned more about myself in the past week then I have in my entire life. Sometimes you just meet people that do that. They unlock something inside of you that makes you see things in an entirely different way, hear things differently, look at the world around you in an entirely different perspective. One moment you can see just another Rorschach ink splatter and the next the Taj Mahal. Those kinds of people ultimately change your life. And once they do, you can never go back, and you can never forget.

I aspire to be one of those life-changers. I want people to walk up to me and then walk away a completely different person. I want to make people ponder about themselves, to stop and think of the simple things in life. I want them to question their existence and change it for the better. And do you want to know how I want to do it? All while being the utterly and profusely, boringly, me. Life changers aren't hesitant to be themselves and to express their opinions.

I strive to leave my mark in some minute non-climatic way at least once.
I hope we all strive for that. The world wouldn't be the same without each of us as individuals.

And I vow to you, dearest readers, that if you are yourself--- your TRUE self--- then your life will change. And because of that change, you may positively change the world for others around you.

I admire you, dear readers. {and not just for actually reading this BORING POST.} I admire you for your support and passion for this technological art. I admire you all as my friends, even if I don't know you, and the constant battle for individualism that we face every day. May we never fall short or stop thinking freely.

Let us all leave our mark. Because we are all unique, let us embrace it!

"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken!"-Oscar Wilde.

xoxoxo-Lexi

3 comments:

Maryn said...

holy kanoli. you are brilliant.

sister moon said...

Dearest cousin! (in some strange, far off way? what are we again? how are we related? our grandmother?)

Anyways. Thank you! I needed that! A lot! Oscar Wilde isn't the only genius. I believe you qualify in that category as well!

Erica said...

My Dear Sexy Chalupa,

This post totally sucked me in, just like Jason Mraz's do (And you must know that's a RIDICULOUS compliment, because the man is pretty much a genius, and when his blog posts suck me in I just wanna run around until I am able to take flight they're so fantastic. Then naturally I want to meet him and see the genius face to face, and here I am suddenly haviing the urge to meet this blogger (aka you) and I have to remind myself that you are infact someone I have already met. Multiple times.). All in all, this blog was fan-tabby to the three millionth power, and you're blogging awesomeness is holding hands with Mraz right now.

And frankly, I'm jealous.

-Your Sweet Walrus