Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

7. Cartoon Self-Portrait and the weekend.


This pretty much describes how I feel lately. Tired. stressed, and my hair is not nearly mullet-y enough yet for my liking. But I do like my Quakie skirt which I actually really wish I owned.
This weekend I saw The Pianist edited on TV. I do not feel like a film has changed my life so completely since I saw Hotel Rwanda, which is kind of saying a lot. The music, the cinematography, the fact that Adrien Brody was in it, everything. I want to marry that film. Not even kidding. Hopefully I can find an edited copy on amazon or something so I can own it because honestly, I can't imagine the horrors that life will {would?} be if I don't have that movie in my personal collection. Every night I would go to my bookshelf where I keep my movies and I would stroke it and fall asleep with it in my arms.
When you take Adrien Brody and put him in a holocaust film, sweet, sweet miracles happen. I can't even describe it. The emotion that he protrays is so realistic and so raw you just want to immerse yourself in it. The funny thing with movies is even though you know it isn't real, they can take you and put you into the position where you are completely hypnotized by it, almost to the point where you feel you are living every triumph, every bit of anguish, yourself. Not many actors can make you literally believe their role and character is real. Adrien has that rare talent of realism, even in its hollow, agonizing form.
I am so in love with it. I'm really awful with words. I'm totally not doing it justice.

Also, don't mind this crappy youtube video. It also does not do the best scene in the movie justice. Look at him! As a jew!!! With a beard!!

UGH! ADRIEN!!
-Lexi

2 comments:

Maryn said...

Right before I read "I'm really awful with words", I was seriously thinking, "Holy moley, she is such a stinkin' amazing writer! Goodness!" -- or something to that extent. Anyways. You rock.

Lexi-Lupa said...

Maryn, you are such a sweet gal. I miss seeing you and your letters!!