Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Monday, June 21, 2010

The San Francisco Chronicles: Thoughts written while in Reno.

{Originally written on June 7th, 2010, during the car ride up to San Fran.}

While I entered the In-n-Out Burger for the first time in my sweet teen life, I pondered about people in general. I mean, for some odd reason I thought that people would act or be different when I was finally out of my safe, plastic, ultra-conservative Utah bubble. I feel foolish now for thinking that, of course.

Upon ordering my food and soaking in the tacky, late-nineties decor, I came across a group of hipster-looking teens. To my complete and utter surprise, they looked exactly like, well, Utah hipsters! Apparently, both Utah and Nevada hipsters wear overpriced Vans and Never Shout Never T-shirts. They both wear too-tight pants and sport knock-off neon Ray Bans.

This discovery got me thinking: Do all hipsters dress like all other hipsters? Perhaps I underestimated them. Perhaps the have formed an underground systematic hipster force that must follow specific hipster guidelines in order to be as "cool" and hipster-y as possible! Think about it. A network transporting word-of-mouth trends to posers nationwide! Like lightning!!

Never mind.
I honestly don't think that hipsters could come up with something that clever. Ever.

-Lexi

1 comment:

Maryn said...

ha. so true.

keep 'em coming!