Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dear Sylvain Chomet,

You are utterly fantastic. I wish I could be French and 20 years older and marry you and we would have beautiful artistic children with messy hair and Woody Allen wayfarers.

Now, you know I love you. You know that 'Belleville Rendez-vous' {aka: The Triplets of Belleville} is my favorite movie in the entire world, and that I have watched it way too many times to even say on the world wide interweb. You know this, Sylvain. So, when I heard you were creating another beautifully animated masterpiece I NATURALLY had a brain aneurysm and called it good.



After watching this trailer, I was utterly determined to find where this film was playing and when I could see it. Luckily for me, there was a showing in three days time at the Broadway in Downtown SLC. {I love you, Salt Lake City.} So, I asked mum if she'd accompany me in my foreign films escapade, and she agreed that we would go see it today.

This morning I got online to find out movie show times, and it said that they changed the release date to FEBRUARY FOURTH. I can't wait for two months to see the movie that was OBVIOUSLY made for me!!! If you, Sylvain, have any control whatsoever over movie release dates, you should seriously hook a sister up and bump it back a few months to...um...now. As in today. Make it so it is released today. Please.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll have to get by with watching this animated short you made back in the 90's.






I love you with all of my teenage fan girl heart,

Lexi Vivienne

No comments: