Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday inspiro

Usually these posts are on Sunday, but I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF. Queue the bulleted list? I do say!


  • Today I was listening to Pandora and I came across a little glimpse of my odd little sixth grade past. That is, I listened to "Young folks" by Peter, Bjorn and John again for the first time in four years. I was immediately flooded with the first time I saw this music video, Corn and I sitting watching cable T.V. talking about Bat for Lashes and my upcoming sixth grade play. I miss it so! Thanks, Pandora. Yer priddycool. And you made it onto my Thursday inspiro list.




    I would do ANYTHING to live in this creepy animated world full of simplistic color palettes and 70's tree curtains. {Pretty much, all of my problems would be solved if I could could look that great in pink pastels.} This makes me want to watch the Brady Bunch. Ya dig?
  • I want to spend the rest of my life doing gesture drawings of Beck moonwalking.

  • Photography blogs that freak out my brain with their TOTAL BRILLLL. {y'all know who you are.}

  • My new sketchbook which I made in art cloughb. I did an acetone transfer of one of my favorite drawings that I have ever created {record player head man} and then mod-podged holocaust photographs, a guy wearing a gas mask, the gestapo and also British officials and a random cowboy guy to the front. If you can find little Elie Weisel, I will give you a gold star.

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that states that your sketchbook should be just as inspirational on the outside as what you put into it. I'm pretty darn pleased with the outcome, and I can't wait to fill it. Muaha! Also, do you enjoy my crappy photography skills? Oh yeah. I'm a fan of that too.

  • T.S. Elliot poetry. I've always been fond of him, but Matthew Gray Gubler on Criminal Minds keeps quoting him and reminding me of the splendor!!

  • Oh. Matthew Gray Gubler. {Laugh it up, Corn. Laugh it up.} His cheekbones were carved by angels. Angels wearing Marc Jacobs.

  • Surrealistic French films. Just kidding. Because I almost fell asleep while watching this one with my mum last Saturday. But the cover art is stellar. I couldn't resist it while browsing the public library shelves for some good feelms to watch.

Now I'm just rambling.

Hopefully I'll get the new header up during Christmas break. No complaints though, right?

xo-Lexi Vivienne

3 comments:

kelsey. said...

I don't know if it's normal how much we are like...the same person! "Angels wearing Marc Jacobs" Hahhaha! Oh that my friend...that was genius. Also I melted at the sight of your brilliant sketchbook.

Lexi-Lupa said...

Thanks, toots!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm laughing.