Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Face down and the guarantees.

I made this yesterday. Starting off with a layer of watercolor, followed by pen, followed by pencil.

{Clockwise starting with: Beck, Urban outfitters model, character of my own creation loosely based off of the "Loser" music video, picture of Corn as a child in complimentary colors and wearing antlers, and creepy plaid man of my own creation.}

I was going for a sort of haunting effect with the dull, barely-there amounts of color in his face, and really let the shading stand out. Frankly, I enjoy it much more than the last Beck watercolor I did many moons ago.

And speaking of Beck..... My dearest cousin surprised me with a 5-panel Warhol-esque picture of Beck for Christmas! isn't she just a gem and creative genius?

Ah. My family is the coolest.

**DISCLAIMER: I really hope that these posts don't make me sound like I'm bragging or anything like that. I'm honestly not. Art is just what makes me happy and I believe it should be shared with others. I'M NOT A JERK, I promise!!!**

1 comment:

Maryn said...

LOVE the painting/drawing of Beck. Beeeautiful.