Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Monday, February 15, 2010

Don't never buy nothin' from a man named Truth.

Hello Kiddies.
Happy President's day. I had to go to an all-day rehearsal, which mostly contained dancing. I'm sure it was pretty hilarious watching me flop around the stage because of my lack of coordination. I was tripping all over myself and I'm sure I looked pretty darn ridiculous. Ha! I don't normally like blogging about my monotonous life, but I can't think of anything better right now. A poem, perhaps? Yes. That sounds nice. This is a poem I wrote forever ago. Such a pity. You'll have to deal with it. If you do not wish to deal with it, then please do use common sense and do not proceed past the colon which I will type presumably after this tedious statement is over, even though I do not feel it lengthy and tedious enough yet; perhaps a few more tedious syllables, or perhaps a tedious excerpt of a tedious song by the tedious composer, T. Dious, who was born in Tediocity over the bridge in tediousville fifty miles past the tedious forest, where tedious youngsters play tediously under the tedious blue skies in the mid-afternoon of a very tedious day....
:
A Tragic Irony
By: Lexi Vivienne
They met in the summer of '75,
A ring of clovers nested in her hair.
He sat by her side, so consumed with love,
She pretended not to care.
~
They were both rather opinionated but their rivaling quarrels,
Were nothing but spiteful wit.
He whispered sweet nothings into her ear,
And her once-stone persona was lit.
~
They embraced so passionately under the stars,
He pledged to take her away.
But she had to refuse, with a tender kiss.
"With my sickly mother I must stay."
~
The boy plead mercifully with the girl,
But there was nothing he could do.
He wiped the tears from her porcelain face, saying,
"I'd rather die than live without you."
~
As her hand fell away from his,
An empty feeling nestled into their bones.
She kissed his cheek and turned away;
Her dress cascading over the cobblestones.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some time later, a dank brown ship
Ported itself in the docks.
The boy, dressed in uniform, boarded the boat,
While the tides washed up 'gainst the rocks.
~
The girl with the clover wreath in her hair
Watched from a distance away.
Salty tears graced her rosy cheeks,
as the ship sailed off into midday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The voyage cross the sea was over,
The military had formed ranks.
The boy, among them, was given one assignment:
To kill those blasted Yanks.
~
The gunfire started, shoot and reload,
The boy slower than all the rest.
He looked up, the opposer looked him straight in they eye,
And shot the boy straight through his chest.
~
The boy lay practically dead on the ground,
His wound so unforgiving.
He knew why this was his fate; the phrase entered his mind:
"A life without her is not a life worth living."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They met in the summer of '75,
A ring of clovers nested in her hair.
Now no one sits next to her tortured soul,
All because she pretended not to care.
~~
Lame. Cheesy. Dumb. Why did I even bother typing it up? Gah (Said like old man) too late now, sonny. Baaaaaaah. Pessimistic snare!
Song stuck in my head as of this moment:



I love this song. I love this band. This band and Vampire Weekend have a collabo-band called 'Discovery'. They are awesome, and really big in Wyoming. The words I have used most in this post: Tedious, band. Band? Band.

(Also check out the Passion Pit remix of this song. It was a toss-up of which one to actually post.)

x-Lexi

1 comment:

Erica said...

Dear Lexi;

I rather enjoyed that tedious statement. It made me feel like I'd fallen into a Lemony Snicket novel. Though, to propperly fulfill this effect you would have had to define the word tedious, so we humble readers might comprehend your intelect.

That is all.

Love always,
You're sexi chalupa.

(coff coff Erica coff)