Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's looking like a beautiful day!

Hello children!

Today was perfect. Just perfect. I spent the morning hanging out with my seester and sharing awesome music video knowledge with each other. Because we are soooo cool. Not. Anyways, then I played Super Mario for the wii and made it to the castle on the first level!! *yaaaaaaay.........*

(For me it is pretty impressive, especially since I was blessed with the hand-eye coordination of a newborn goat.)

Then I went to Lowe's with my mum to find a 'fridgerator. And believe me, I am not a strong believer in home improvement stores... They disgust me. Probably because whenever I walk into one I get flashbacks of my father in nasty ankle-length cargo pants.. *shudders* . So, here I am sammyin' my way to the 'fridgerator isle when all of a sudden, I hear music.. sweet, sweet, music. I stopped walking. I had a heart attack. This is what was playing:







This was my response : "GAAAAAH! " And I'm pretty sure that I scared the employee that was helping my mom find a fridge. And then I started singing. OK GUYS. IT'S OFFICIAL. LOWE'S IS OFFICIALLY COOL. I even took the extra time to bold the word cool so that means it is absurdly extraordinarily awesome.


So I thought that my once mediocre day couldn't get any better, I mean, after learning the fact that the home improvement store which I once loathed plays good music. {And by bearded folksters nonetheless! Ah! The glory of it all!} But guess what? IT DID.

One car ride and Matt Costa car sing-along later (yup. My mum loves Matty!) I found myself browsing the isles at Target for some hair color. I have been trying for several months to get back to my natural hair color, and hopefully this will be on the path to hair color success! Anyways, I found a suitable color, and my mum and I went to the clearance section to browse the clothsies. I was mulling my way through the 30% offs when BAM. I saw it. I gasped a very loud gasp, resulting in a pregnant woman with her small child to give me weird looks. But I couldn't help it. I think I cried a little. Peed a little. I did a small jig. Small, but still jiggy.



And then I picked it up, looked at the label, {to reassure my accusations} AND PROBABLY DIED FOR A FEW SECONDS.

Do you remember how I was all upset because the Target's within a 90-mile radius of my house did not carry the Rodarte for Target collection? WELL GUESS WHAT. They must have got an shipment of extras or something, I don't know, but they decided to put those items on clearance for , oh, I don't know, 30% off.



AND THIS IS WHY I DIED. I bought this dress (gah!!!) and the only other Rodarte item in the store for $40. I know. I splurged. BUT IT'S RODARTE!!!! And I don't care if it looks goth or emo or whatever because I will make it look un-stereotypical, if ya-know-what-I-mean. Literally, I scoured each and every rack, just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. And just to be careful I scoured them two more times..... The Rodarte shirt I also bought is a lovely blue lace thing with floral-y lace stuff and lace. Did I mention it is made out of lace??? I am so excited to wear them, and even more excited that I actually got two of my favorite RoDaRtE pieces from the Target collection in the first place. I really am the luckiest gal on this side of the U.S.!!!

Also, A lady in the checkout line said that she loved my style. Wull thank you, kind stranger!

Mum and I had spaghetti for dinner and are watching Driving Miss Daisy. What a perfect end to a perfect day!


{And for those interested, the title of this post is a line from one of my favorite Elbow songs on the album Seldom Seen Kid. Amazing album, by the way.This song is so beautiful, it is overwhelming. And the proper use of the words "Holy Cow" in a song? I doth not know it possible! But they are Brits, they can do anything. Enjoy it, kiddies, while I slink off into the sunset, dressed in my fabulous Row-dar-tay garb. (not to brag, really. I just love it.) }


Sigh. So lovely, that band.


x Lexi

2 comments:

Emily said...

great music. so lucky you got rodarte for target stuff at a discounted price!

xx

Unknown said...

that dress looks fab x