Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Then they will let Watson and I disect your brain.

Hello peasants.

So..... I saw Sherlock Holmes last night. Shall I summarize? Yes, yes I shall.

  • Men's hats

  • Enough slow-motion action scenes to send a pregnant woman into labor.

  • A plot line that can be predicted faster than you can say Franco Zefferrelli.

  • And my favorite..... facial hair. Dazzo-dope facial hair.

  • Jude Law with dazzo-dope facial hair.

  • Must I tell you how much I adore facial hair?

Needless to say I went into the theater with little expectations. very little expectations, kiddies. I must say that I always thought of Doyle's Holmes to be much more gentlemanly. Just as witty and clever as Downey, but twelve times more swanky and , how shall I put it, restrained. Doyle's Holmes seems as if he is too clever to get himself into a stupid situation,to take the time to think his actions over, while Downey walked right into trouble obliviously only to later find out what a terrible idea it was in the first place. But that's how the director wanted it I guess, and I must give them credit for their wicked foreshadowing . But all the same, I did enjoy it. I'm a sucker for underlying political details and...well......facial hair. Plus I like it when things looks old and scummy. Like the set for Sherlock Holmes! It simply fascinates me and makes me wish I could have been a Gibson girl.


I found many new Postal Service, Menomena, Weezer and such and and such and such {Modest Mouse ref. for those in the know} chords today. I will be a ukulele master!! Maybe. My mum said she is going to buy me a really nice ukulele for my birthday. I hope that pans out well. I already know that I am going to name it "Uke Ellington" .


I want to make this blog into something more sentimental. I want people to read it and be impressed by my intellectuality. But for the time being, I am still myself. I will keep posting about stupid things and being a facebook zombie and dreaming about my future. I will still keep being a dweeb and spending all of my time wishing that I could post more intellectually. Really all I see this as is a blog for a hobby, nothing special. But I want it to be more.


x-Lexi


(P.S: Do you miss this? I am kind of considering changing it back.)

No comments: