Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy birthday Abe!

Gee Whiz!
While this week has dragged on into oblivion, I have mourned along with others over the loss of one of the greatest designers of our modern times. Although he is gone physically, his clothing and designs will always be with us, and he as a person will be an inspiration for decades to come. I had a family friend who committed suicide, and certain things that occur in my life always remind me of her. I believe the same for Alexander McQueen, that even though he may not be here physically, we will never forget him. If we do, with any passed soul, then that means that the trivial ways of the world have won us. We will have lost, and another toll of the arts will be taken. Art is dying, and it is up to us to save it. We can't let it die.
Thanks for letting me rant temporarily. Back on task..
I stopped breathing in gym today, which was actually really scary, I was doing this stupid thing called the 'pacer test', and I really wasn't supposed to be running it, but we had a sub. So I ran it. And since I have been recovering from bronchitis, and forgot my inhaler, my throat closed up and, BINGO! I stop breathing.
And to make my day better, I got the lowest math test score in the class. I guess that's what I get for studying for four hours. OH KARMA YOU CAN BE SO CRUEL!!!!!!! Or not.
I apologize. I spend way to much time venting on this thing about how bad my days are when really I can be focusing on the positives of the situation. I don't mean to be that way. This blog is just such great therapy, really. I don't care if anyone reads this or anything, It's just nice to get this out there on the world wide, if-you-know-what-I-mean.
A very positive thing that happened today is the fact that it is my sister, Corn's birthday! For one of her presents, I made her a sweet 'zine called "Mullet With Headlights." It was full of pop culture phenomena, politics, inside jokes, and of course no 'zine would be complete without pictures of Kevin Awesome wearing a kilt! It was lovely to watch her read it, I think she really liked it. Here are some things that I love about Corn.
Bulleted List
  • She has the best taste in music ever. Pretty much.
  • She likes to wear underwear on her head, like a handicapped three year old.
  • She is an AMAZING watercolorist.
  • She gets me a 1/2 off discount at Jamba.
  • She always goes to rad concerts.
  • She gets mad at Toad on Super Mario. It is hilarious.
  • She chauffeurs me around places.
  • She is this ridiculous poet, like no kidding. Her poems have been published in two books. Not joking.
  • She is pretty much my best friend.
  • She lets me wear her clothes...sometimes.
  • She is honest. And tells me if my clothes look dorky. (Even if I don't listen to her)
  • She always lets me read her Rolling Stone 'zines after she has read them.
  • She is hilarious!!
  • She can totally pull off front bangs like none-other.
  • We have a theme song.
  • We plan on being Andy Warhol/Candy Darling, Octomom/Kate Gosselin, Sunny/Cher or Karen/Richard Carpenter for Halloween. I am always the man.
  • She has the same birthday as Abraham Lincoln, for Pete's sake!

I've spent way to much time typing this, and not enough time spending it with my amazing sister! I really love her, and I really love you all , my fantastic readers!!! You make life much better, really. Thank you.

And now.... OUR THEME SONG!



Laugh all you want, but this song is rad, and I can TOTALLY play it on the uke.

Happy birthday Corn Row, Corn, Crayon, Simon, Bean, Rin-Rin, Peaches-La-Rue, Rin-Tin-Tin, and sometimes even Moof.

xo-Lexi

2 comments:

Sir Joseph Ammon Maloy said...

I love this song. I love this video. I Love Abraham Lincoln (a presidential pimp, I would say). And I'm sure that if I knew Corn, I would love her too.

Lexi-Lupa said...

You would love her. She is the coolest person that has ever roamed the earth. Well, that and......Jesus. (Sacreligious?? Borderline...)