Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Friday, February 26, 2010

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Hi, hi, hi guys.
Everyone keeps posting on their blogs and I feel awful because I am too busy to constantly keep you posted and nyuhk-nyuhk-nyuhk.
I should probably be telling you all about my life and such but right now I really don't want to. I just want to tell you about recent inspiros' and all that rot.

The other night Breanna and her cousin Jason and I hung out where we played with her lovely turtles and reminisced over old Pokemon episodes. I can only imagine how utterly lame that sounds, truly, but it was actually quite amusing remembering all the odd fascinations I had with the brightly colored garb and demeanor of the show to my budding four-year-old mind. Life was so simple back then, when my career path was only to be Ash Ke'chum and be a Pokemon master. Ah, a sign of the times, kiddies. A sign of the times.
So, after we ate grilled cheeses and sorts we decided to watch The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Note: I had never seen this show, only heard of it and seen the stick figures of Flapjack that Baker drew for me in Algebra last year. Which I still have. On my inspiration board. Anyways, I was skeptical upon watching it, but soon realized that IT IS THE ABSOLUTE CREEPIEST WEIRDEST SHOW THAT I WOULD LIKE, NATURALLY. I love the quirky characters in it. They look like something I would draw. And the pointless plots plus the disgusting details make it gritty and gross and absolutely delightful. When I mean gritty and gross I mean like, 'haven't showered in three years' gritty and gross.

But seriously, the drrrraaaaawwwiiinnnnggg! It is beautiful how disgusting it is. I love the fact that they incorporate sort of a Trent Call vibe with little 1930's cartoon details. For example, notice how his eyes are slit and creep-ified with the tired lines underneath. It meshes and is monotone and lovely. AND the basis of the show revolves around CANDY! What isn't to love people?! {Not to mention he's just so darn cute.}

photo courtesy of flapjackfan.com

My other new love came after I got home. Apparently, Corn's bossman lent her some weird British comedy that he liked. I was also skeptical of this show, called "The I.T. Crowd". Corrin said she liked it when she watched the first few episodes, so I decided to trust her.

(All I.T. photos courtesy of channel4.uk)

NEW.FAVORITE. SHOW. It is hilarious, and nerdy, and about Internet technicians, and MOSS. Moss is my favorite. I want to marry him. {Moss is the pixelated figure on the right} The show is filmed with one of those typical crappy Brit-coms cameras that makes it look crappy (you know) and well, British. {I can make fun of British things being made crappily because ironically they do it on the show. Adding to the hilarity, of course} Moss is the awkward comic relief. The typical nerd, I like his Marc Jacobs possibly CdG parted 'fro. Makes me chuckle.

Moss is the man on the left. Yup. That's the kind of man I would marry. Just one more, I promise, and my fangirling will be over. Okay, that's enough. I want to go watch more I.T. crowd now, Adieu dweebs. Er, whatever.
OH YEAH AND MY VARIANCE GOT ACCEPTED.

x-Lexi

1 comment:

Sam Johnson said...

bff, i still like pokemon and your post insults me.