Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Saturday, February 27, 2010

SLC is dazzo dope.

It is on days like this that I wish I had a good concert or a street market to go to or a good issue of City Weekly to read. I love reading The City Weekly and feeling connected, you may say, with my state, with my city, with the culture around me. I kind of want to start a band called Fine City Folk. We would play on street corners like The Continentals and wear vintage hats and peacoats with mismatched buttons. Oh yeah, I MET THEM. They were super laid-back and made me want to be in a band called Fine City Folk. Is this post getting tedious? Heh. Tedious.


I love how the city you grew up in is special to you as you get older. When I was younger, my mum always took me to art museums and art fairs and flea markets and other things like that. I never really thought that those things would make me who I am today. I never really thought that the city that I always seemed to be around when I was little would mean so much to me as I got older. But now that I look at it, I realize that I may never move out of the Salt Lake Valley. I love it too much. There are far too many memories in that city. And I would trade those memories for anything! I am a lucky girl to have had those experiences.


Such as:
  • Meeting Trent Call


{www.swinj.com}

  • Having Trent Call give me advice on drawing and painting and all that rot even thought I was hyperventilating and about to pass out because TRENT CALL WAS GIVING ME ADVICE. I totez played it cool.

  • Having the chance to have Ted Wassmer give me drawing advice and pretty much be my grandfather. I miss him. He painted me pictures every year for my birthday before he died. He loved it when I would draw for him, and he got some of my pictures into a museum in New York. He was the sweetest man alive. He played the piano beautifully, it took up most if his apartment. He never stopped painting, even when he was 96. I grew up always going to his art shows and being such a regular artsy socialite. Kind of. {As much as a 4-8 year old can be}

Really, his work is stunning.

I wish I could properly end this post, but I have to leave.

SLC DON' NEVAH GET OLD.


{also, listen to this.}

2 comments:

Maryn said...

You are definitely a lucky girl. I am jealous. No wonder you're so cool!

Lexi-Lupa said...

Thank you!!