Come a little closer, and let me whisper into your ear... yes... that's right.

...my portfolio website is in the making, but in the meantime, feel free to browse this blog as well as the online shoppe...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fourth term. Duh duh duuuuuhhh.

Problems, dear children, problems are arising...
So today was the first day of fourth term, correct?
Today was the worst day of my schooling career as of yet. (Okay, second worst. First was the day that I was told I might have cancer.)
*awkward silence*
  • I found out that I do not have classes with pretty much any of my friends
  • I am going to fail geometry.
  • I will have to go back to Algebra because of my failings and therefore will feels unintelligent.
  • I accidentally just added an 's' to the word 'feel' in the previous bullet thus making me feel unintelligent prematurely to the legitimate time of occurrence.
  • I found out today that Vestige kind of bailed on me and probably aren't going to print my shirts. (like really guys? Way to crush all of my hopes and dreams in a single time frame.) You couldn't just WAIT till tomorrow to crack the news, now could ya Caleb raincloud!
  • The last part of the previous bullet was ironic and humorous because the guy I 'work' for's name is Caleb.
  • I have a seminary class full of 3/4 of students who are inactive and don't want to be there and are swearin' it up while the seminary teacher is out of the room . They should be struck by lightning for it. It makes me sick.
  • I had rehearsal today after school where I had to sing and I really feel inferior to my other friend that sings it with me. She's so much better and the director totally favorites her.
  • This will probably be the first term in a year and a half that I will not get a 4.0. Which makes me sad. I want that 4.0, darn it!
  • AND the soles of my new shoes that I bought two days ago are already coming off! No wonder they were on sale!! Blast that Urban Outfitters and their irresistible half-priced sneaks!

But...on the bright side,

  • I talked to Marzji via facebook . Literally, if you a having a crummy day, talk to her. She makes you feel about a zillion times better!
  • My mom bought cap'n crunch for the first time in my life, man oh man! What was I missing for the first 14 years of my mortal existence?!?

Random ditty that has been stuck in my head for the day:



Okay, okay, okay. So let me give you the dirt on this song. The White Album is my favorite Beatles' album, smack dab before Revolver, A Hard Day's Night, Sgt. Pepper's lonely Hearts club band and Help. This album is so unique and diverse, I love each and every song almost as much artistically as I do musically. And if you know me, my undying love for the Beatles is more passionate than a thousand burning suns. And if you combine that love with a $30.00 2-disc CD then what you have there folks is mystical wonder. Sheer mystical wonder!!!

This song is a combination with a 1920's/1930's vaudeville smash and the alternate trippiness of the late 1960's Beatles. John sounds really spectacular in this song, and the lyrics are so cute and corny that all together this song just makes me want to grab my saddle shoes, bowler cap, coat and cane and prance into the street doing the Charleston. Or some other sort of era-appropriate jig.

(Note to self: Don't write about the Beatles. You'll keep these poor folks reading for far too long!)

-Lexi Vivienne

2 comments:

Maryn said...

Why the heck didn't you tell me you were having a crap day? I'm sorry it was so lame.

I am blocking Vestige. For life.

Please don't feel inferior the one friend. Or I might smack you.

Have you heard "bunny ain't no kind of rider" by of Montreal? You should listen to it. It makes me happy.

You. are. AMAAAAAAAAAAAAzing. Have a good day tomorrow!

JuneyB said...

Sorry. I am NOT a stalker, but I also have an undying love for the Beatles. They are the best thing to hit this planet since marshmallows. No joke.

Plus. I really enjoyed the "*awkward silence*" part. That was funny stuff.